This has been nagging me for some weeks now but better late than never, right? The original template is here The RP Comfort Meme
RP Comfort Meme
A valuable meme for any role-player!
Come display your comfort levels so your role-play partners are aware of what they can do, and of what they should avoid! A healthy relationship between role-play partners is the key to a good time!
While this meme shows the basics, please remember to communicate with your role-play partners!Role Play BasicsLocations
I am comfortable doing:
- Comment | No, not my style.
- Chats | For lighter rp
- Notes | No. Feels too crowded.
- Forum | I'm a bit shy to rp in forum, but yes, I could do it.
- Skype/Discord | Sure, look above at chats.
- Google Docs | Yes. I'm most comfortable with this one.
- Other |
I am comfortable with:
- One on one role plays. | Yup.
- Up to three people. | Yup.
- Up to four people. |This would probably be my limit for a lit rp.
- Five or more people! | Sure, in chats or forums.
- As big as possible! | Sure, but only in chats or forums.Post Length
I usually write about:
- One or two sentences. | In a light rp this is more likely, also for faster scenes.
- One or two paragraphs. | Most common for me.
- Two to five paragraphs. | Yes, if there is a lot to write or reply to.
- More than five paragraphs. | It might happen, depends on the rp and the scene/what is happening.
- A few pages worth. | I don't think that has ever happened.I am comfortable role-playing with people who write:
- One or two sentences | If it suits! I'd just ask that there's enough in those one or two sentences for me to respond to.
- One or two paragraphs | Sure.
- Two to five paragraphs | Sure.
- More than five paragraphs | Hm, depends on the rp.
- A few pages worth | No thank you, it's too long.Reply Speed
I usually reply:
- ASAP (within minutes) | If I'm able(depends a lot on timezones and all) but I try to. Mostly this is or light rp
- Within an hour | Same as above
- Within the same day | Mostly it'll be in 24h
- Within the same week | It the time is needed to reply or if I'm busy with something I might need more time.
- Within the same month | No, at this point it's probably best to let the rp rest and headcanon the rest out.
- Longer than a month | Nope. Same as above.
- At random/variable times | It's bound to happen but mostly as above.
If I need more time to reply I will notify the one I'm rp:ing with, or at least attempt to notify.
I expect my partner to reply:
- ASAP (within minutes)
- Within an hour
- Within the same day
- Within the same week
- Within the same month
- Longer than a month
- At random/variable times
As I wrote above but with their own preferences taken into consideration and for longer pauses, nope. Let's just headcanon it out then.RemindersI'm okay with getting reminders to reply to an RP:
- After 5/10/15 minutes | 15 minutes is okay in light rp/faster paced rp
- After an hour | Same as above
- Within the same/next day | Sure
- In a week/a few weeks | Sure
- When I've mentioned I've got something going on irl | You can always try to remind but if I'm busy or need to focus on something irl that goes first. Role-play RequestsI like getting requests from:
- Anyone and everyone at any time! | Sure, hit me up!
- When I ask for role-plays. | I'm quite shy asking for rp, but yes, I will ask sometimes.
- From friends and acquaintances. | Defintely
- From friends only.
** Important: Communication is the key to a real life relationship, it shouldn't be abandoned for a fictional on either! Be sure to talk to your partners when considering romance!ShippingI am comfortable shipping my characters:
- Never. | Some characters just doesn't fit in a relationship and then I won't ship them.
- Our character know each other deeply. | Sure, the characters need to have chemistry though!
- Our character know each other deeply, and I know I can trust the role-player. | It is always better to also know the person you rp with, makes it more comfortable to talk about the shipping and rp it.
- At the first sign of flirting! | Depends on the character but for some, yes.
- Only if the role-player and I plan it. | Depends on the character, but I'm more for a casual ship until the characters themselves establish a relationship(if they ever do it).
- It depends on the character. | Yes, it depends.
I usually want to rp a while to really see if the characters have a friendship upon which they can build a romance and even then not all characters fall for each other.If you want to ship with my characters:
- Talk to me about it from the start. | If you are interested I cna talk but as above I would like to rp out if the characters have chemistry.
- Talk to me about it once our characters know each other. | Definitely, you can always ask. It's always better that the characters know each other
- Talk to me about it once they both have some feelings for each other. | The best option tbh
- Talk to me about it when they finally decide that want to go beyond hugging. | If this has happened we have probably already established that the characters in questio have a relationship, but as above, always ask.
When it comes to shipping I'm open for it but it has to have reason and I prefer that the characters know each other and have chemistry. Also, always ask, it's better to talk about it than not.SpeedWhen shipping my characters, I like the romance to happen:
- Swift as lightening!
- Fast, but not super fast.
- Happens in about three months.
- Slow and steady wins the race.
- Slugs know what's up!
- My relationships know no speed. They happen if they happen. | Depens on the characters and their relationship, anything can happen. I would prefer thought that it takes some time.SmutWhen my characters gets intimate, I prefer:
- To skip the act entirely. | Preferably.
- To write the build up, but skip the act. | I'm open for it.
- To write the act only if it is very special, but otherwise skip it.
- To write the act all the way through.
I prefer to not write the act but impying the act is no problem. Writing up to the act is also no problem. In all honesty it's all up to how comfortable I'm with you as an rp-partner.Romantic ArtworkWhen it comes to artwork depicting our relationship please:
- Do not post it at all without talking to me. | If I'm onboard with the shipping, sure.
- Post it if it is cuddles and hugs. | Sure.
- Post it if it is kisses. | Yes.
- Post it if it is much more. | See below.
- Do not post it at all if it depicts sexual acts! | See below.
- Do not post it where I can see it, but draw what you like! | See below.
It depends on the picture, is it tastefully sexual or not? Tastefully, go ahead, no need to ask. If it's not, then perhaps not. Ask.Dramatics
** Important: Always be sure to communicate with your partner individually if you think you are about to go outside their comfort zones even just the slightest bit!!ViolenceWhen it comes to violent situations, I am comfortable with:
- No violence at all! | Sure.
- I'm fine with verbal arguments! | Yes.
- Some violence, like a paper cut, or an accidental elbow to the face. | Yes.
- Mild violence, such as punching, kicking, hair pulling. | Yes.
- Violence, such as stabbings. | Yes, maybe not let the gore take the upperhand though.
- Beyond violence, such as torture and more. | Depends on the situation. If we talk about it, yes.If you are going to do something violent, please:
- Don't do it at all.
- Talk to me about it first.
- Surprise me!
I am open to anything in character as long as no power playing is involved. Please allow me the opportunity to consent to any act of violence.Dramatic Artwork
- Do not post any dramatic scenes that that happened between our characters.
- Talk to me about it before posting! | I would like this, yes, it is always fun to see artwork!
- Post what you like!
OtherGeneral ArtworkI am fine with art being done of my characters:
- Only if it's canon | Sure, canon pics is always fun. If it's not canon but au or something then ask
- Only if it's a finished/polished piece
- Only if you ask me first | Always ask, it's always best.
- If you're my friend | Of course!!
- If you don't know me/barely know me | Sure, as above, but an ask is never wrong ovo
- With no restriction | As aboveCrackWhen it comes to crack, I'm okay with:
- General crack | Depends, ask!
- Crack-shipping | As above.
Tbh, I'm not quite used to crack-shipping or anything relatiing to it so please ask!Tag
Anyone who is interested in doing this is free to do it!